Standard of service you will receive.
- We use the #1 Striper bait on the planet. All bait is included in the price of the trip. We catch all our own bait so it is very fresh (never frozen). This can make a huge difference on days when the Stripers are not as aggressive. If lures are a better option during your trip, we will use them as well.
- We fish out of one of the largest boats on the river, a 2013 258DLV (25') Carolina Skiff. The boat has a T-Top, comfortable seating, and tons of room to help make your trip as enjoyable as possible.
- We utilize every commonly used method of angling (and a few "specialized" ones) on the river from both anchored positions and while drifting. Every day can be different and sometimes things can change during your trip. We have the experience to get the most out of the river every single day.
- We have a singular goal in mind on each and every trip. This is to put you in a position to catch as many or more fish than any other person fishing the river that day, period.
- The guide is there only to assist you, from unhooking fish, taking pictures, keeping fresh bait on the hooks and anything else that maximizes your fishing enjoyment.
Every Spring, beginning in April, Striped Bass by the thousands make their way from salt water up through the fresh water of the Roanoke River for the annual spawning run. These fish migrate to the area around Weldon, NC and provide anglers with a chance at the fishing trip of a lifetime.
The Stripers stay in this area through the month of May. The average catch rates per trip range from 20-100 fish a trip. It is an angling experience that you need to see to believe.